TARGET POPULATION : LOW-INCOME SENIORS 62 YEARS OF AGE & OLDER
Please click here to view images of the project sites.
- 900 Crenshaw Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90019
- 540 S. Kingsley Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90020
Seeking Eligible Applicants to rent units at LDK Senior Apartments
- Studios (400 – 452 SF) and one-bedroom units (561 – 627 SF) available
- Rents range from approximately $412 to $704 / month
- Anticipated Date of Opening: April 1st, 2016
Tenant Eligibility Criteria for all units:
- Annual household income of 50% of Area Median Income or less based on household size
- Head of Household must be at least 62 Years of Age by move-in date (estimated April 1st, 2016)
- Maximum of 3 persons per 1 BR and 2 persons per studio (other restrictions apply
How to Apply
Obtain the pre-application online
If the prospective tenant meets the eligibility criteria listed above at time of move-in, he/she should complete a pre-application form. From November 7th to November 23rd, 2015, the pre-application form will be available for download at this website, and also at: www.ltsc.org/LDK, www.krcla.org/LDK, and www.Housing.LACounty.gov
The pre-application form will also be available in person for one day only in downtown Los Angeles at:
Korean Central United Methodist Church
420 E. 20th St., Los Angeles, CA 90011
Date: Saturday, November 7th, 2015 8am – 3pm
Please do not arrive before 8am.
- One application per household. Multiple applications per household will disqualify all household applications.
- Pre-applications will only be accepted by mail and must be postmarked by November 23rd, 2015.
- Applicants will be selected by random lottery to complete a full application. It is not “first come, first served.”
- Applicants will be notified if they have been selected to complete a full application in early January. Notification of an invitation to apply is not a guarantee of housing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Does immigration status matter to apply?
Anyone may apply regardless of immigration status or California residency as long as they meet the eligibility criteria outlined above.
Q2. How is the rent price determined?
The rents are as low as we could make them while still being able to pay for construction, taxes, and on-going expenses. Each renter may have different rent prices depending on the specifications of the unit, the renter’s income, and family size.
Q3. Do you only qualify if you fall between 30%-50% of the Area Median Income?
The household maximum earnings are 50% AMI, but you do not necessarily need to have a minimum of 30% AMI. Senior households may still qualify with income at 10% AMI (for example, seniors on SSI with Section 8 Choice Vouchers).
Q4. How do they determine the “Area” in the AMI?
The government (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) determines this for all locations in the United States. They do this to adjust the income limits based on different market factors (i.e. rent in Iowa is much lower than rent in Los Angeles). For most cities, there is a MSA, a Metropolitan Statistical Area, which covers the entire city. This is true for Los Angeles. The median income may change every year. http://www.huduser.gov/datasets/il/il15/FAQs_15.pdf
Q5. If my total income consists mainly of SSI, do I qualify for LDK Senior Apartments?
Applicants may still qualify, depending on other circumstances (such as having Section 8 Vouchers). Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Applicants should submit their pre-application honestly and if they are selected by lottery to complete a full application, they will be contacted to review their finances in more detail. The property management company will confirm that a prospective tenant has adequate resources to be able to pay their rent each month.
Q6. Does the Section 8 Voucher program count towards applicant’s income?
A section 8 Voucher does not increase a prospective tenant’s income (% AMI), but it shows that the tenant will be able to pay rent. LDK Senior Apartments accepts eligible applicants with tenant-based vouchers, but there are no project-based vouchers available for the project. A senior with SSI monthly income of $890 and a voucher would likely qualify, assuming there are no other disqualifying factors.
LDK Senior Apartments
Updated on 2018-09-13T10:38:10+00:00, by .